Wildlife Pictures

Deleted the post for you, but I think your confused on my statement. Google gimp suit and I’ll leave it at that.

4 Likes

Your meaning (like the suit from Pulp Fiction) is how I took it, not even thinking of a reference to disability. But I think the etymology of the word probably goes back to the same thing, which I had not thought of before Euphoriafish left their comment.

I appreciate their very polite reminder about not using the word and also your willingness to remove the post even though you meant it differently. It’s such a nice refreshing bit of civilized adult behavior compared to what you get over on Twitter :grin:

4 Likes

That second pic looks like Gollum stalking a giant spider

Milk Snail

I have lots more, but the stupid site will only let me post one because I’m a new user.

6 Likes

Lovely snail (and great photo)! We have terrestrial Grove Snails in the mountains here, I enjoy seeing them too.

8 Likes

Very nice! Not too far from here you can find banana slugs. Great huge things.

6 Likes

Well, if we are doing invertebrates

Found this guy at a gas station on the way to work one morning.

8 Likes

Pretty fellow! Reminds me of this moth that laid her eggs on the side of my house…

7 Likes

I hope to have some new photos from the trail cameras next Tuesday. There have been reports of bear scat at work, so hopefully we’ll get it camera this time. Bears are transitory on the island, so they are not always there. In all the years I’ve been doing the cameras I haven’t managed to get a bear on camera. Which I weird because I have hundreds of pictures of cougars. Anyway, so I’ll hopefully post some new pics Wednesday.

2 Likes

I’m working my way through the trail cam pics so in the meantime enjoy these pics. I can’t believe I forgot to put these up already.

Captured this pic in a tide pool on the Oregon coast during an invertebrate biology field trip. It is a nudibranch. I sent the pic to my teacher and her response was “You can never have too many nudi pics!”

Took this pic on the same day as the other, but at an aquarium. A friend and I went after the class was over.

4 Likes

Man, I’m finding all kinds of pics I forgot about.

This was taken MANY years ago at Wildlife safari in Oregon.

This is a historic photo of the base I work on. I work in the building in the background. Apparently the guys fed this deer by hand and of course his name was Bucky.

5 Likes

New trail camera pics!

8 Likes

Fawning over the fawns!

3 Likes

Aren’t they cuties? I always like the fawn pics :smiley:

1 Like

They are! And what lovely velvet antlers on the older deer, too. It looks like you caught it in mid-laugh! :laughing:

1 Like

We have a creek that runs by our home, so we have quite a bit of wildlife visit. I took this last night. Crappy old iphone camera, sorry.

We had a herd of seven run by us one day. While we were on the swing nearby.

7 Likes

Looks like mom, twins and a yearling.

2 Likes

We’ve got deer out the wazoo. Though they don’t come into the yard as much since we got the mastiff.

and this was the day I knew the yard belongs to the deer and I just live next to it

4 Likes

Cool!

I took some at a tide pool in California…

3 Likes

Pretty Nice!

2 Likes