Favorite of the Gizmoplex Vault Picks: Round 1

We have six classic MST3K titles entering the Gizmoplex fray by way of the Vault Picks. Which of these inaugural Vault Pick episodes is your favorite?

Favorite of the Gizmoplex Vault Picks: Round 1
  • Teenagers from Outer Space
  • Hercules Against the Moon Men
  • The Human Duplicators
  • Outlaw of Gor
  • Zombie Nightmare
  • The She Creature

0 voters

12 Likes

If Herc doesn’t win then something is seriously wrong.

9 Likes

Maybe he swallowed the wine.

4 Likes

Going with Outlaw. A true classic!

8 Likes

This is clearly not getting beyond Thunderdome.

12 Likes

I haven’t seen any of them. I’ll get back to you in a month lol

7 Likes

You are in for some truly impressive episodes. All these installments are great relaxation eps!

6 Likes

I’m so excited! Can’t wait to come back and vote

4 Likes

Cabot? Cabot? Cabot? Cabot! Cabot?

13 Likes

Human Duplicators - I have great affection for it, not only because it made me laugh like mad, but it was also my last unseen MST episode (well, until the Netflix seasons arrived).

So it’ll be a nice circle, lets watch my last ep (of the classic era), before the new era begins.

Viva la Gizmoplex!

8 Likes

Hands down Outlaw of Gor. My all time favorite.

And ‘Toobular Boobular’.

11 Likes

Teenagers from Outer Space is maybe my all time favorite episode.

12 Likes

Horror movies are a favorite of mine, so i gotta go with the goofy Canadian zombie flick.

5 Likes

Zombie Nightmare is my favorite of these. 1) It’s one of the few films I saw before discovering MST3K (the other two were the Godzilla films…and fun fact, Godzilla vs Megalon is my first ever Godzilla film, so that episode is also special for me). 2) It premiered on the day I discovered MST3K on Turkey Day '94.

9 Likes

So…any idea what the theme these six episodes share? Not quite picking up what it could be. They’re not all set in a desert. They’re not all produced in a foreign country. I don’t think all six share a prominent actor or filmmaker between them.

Any ideas/theories?

6 Likes

They all have the letter r.

8 Likes

Teenagers from Outer Space for me.

“As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a spaceman.”

8 Likes

Really wild about all of these, except She Creature. I guess since it’s my second-favorite Mike episode, I’ll go with Outlaw.

7 Likes

It’s a really tough call between Teenagers From Outer Space and Hercules Against The Moon Men. I might have to give the nod to the latter for things like DEEP HURTING and The Pants Song.

7 Likes

Wow, my favorite is polling bottom (The She-Creature), and second favorite is second last (The Human Duplicators). Though it’s nice to have my freak flag reified.

I see a lot of folks here are really into TORCHA!!!

6 Likes